What Is Google Trends?
Google Trends is a data exploration tool that shows what terms people are searching for on Google in real time. Google Trends data can be analyzed to measure the search interest in a particular topic, location, or language at a particular time.
Digital marketers use Google Trends for market research to help inform content marketing and paid advertising decisions. Google Trends data is based on an unfiltered sample of actual search requests made to Google, making it one of the most accurate tools to use for online marketing purposes.
Google Trends allows marketers to complete the following types of tasks:
- Identify the latest trends.
- Monitor search interest over time.
- Find trending topics by region.
- Perform keyword research.
- Check competitor ranking positions.
- Discover seasonality for searches.
- Explore user behavior on Google products.
Visit the SEO Glossary
Go to the SEO Glossary to find more terms and definitions that relate to the field of search engine optimization.