This guide answers the question, “Is Google Analytics free?”
Below, you’ll find if you can use Google Analytics for free, what features are available for standard accounts, and the benefits of upgrading to a paid Analytics 360 plan.
Google Analytics is a core part of the Google Marketing Platform, which is a unified advertising and analytics platform for helping businesses make smarter marketing decisions to drive results. As you’ll discover on this page, Google offers both free Analytics tools for small businesses and advanced paid services for large enterprises that need extra capacity or reporting capabilities.
Is Google Analytics Free?
Google Analytics is free to use and you get access to all of the standard Analytics features at no charge. This freemium service can also be upgraded to a paid Google Analytics 360 plan to get advanced customization, scalable tools, and enterprise-level support.
Free Google Analytics Features
If you’re a small to medium-sized business, the free version of Google Analytics Standard will do more than enough for your digital marketing needs. It offers enough features to help you process your organic and paid marketing data to gain valuable insights to help grow your business.
The Google Analytics Standard version offers the following features:
- Free ($0)
- Predictive Capabilities
- Proactive Insights
- Privacy-Safe Modeling
- Real-time Reporting
- Acquisition Reports (User and Traffic)
- Engagement Reports (Events, Conversion, and Pages and Screens)
- Monetization Reports (Ecommerce, In-App Purchases, and Publisher Ads)
- Processing latency is 24-48 hours. Standard free accounts that send more than 200,000 sessions per day to Analytics will result in the reports being refreshed only once a day.
- The row limit for the table for most standard reports is 50,000 rows.
- Standard reports with a secondary dimension or comparison have a row limit of 2 million rows.
- Advertising Snapshot
- Attribution (Data-Driven, Conversion Paths, and Model Comparison)
- Free-Form Exploration
- Funnel Exploration
- Segment Overlap
- Path Exploration
- Cohort Exploration
- User Exploration
- User Lifetime
- Backwards Pathing
- Unsampled Exploration
Data Collection and Management
- Tag Management Support
- Admin API
- Custom Definitions
- Data Import
- Google BigQuery Export
- Limits include 50 custom dimensions, 20 audiences, and 30 conversion types
- Data retention up to 14 months
- Google Ads
- Display & Video 360
- Search Ads 360
- Google Cloud
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration
- Google Ad Manager
- Google AdMob
- Google Play
- Google Search Console
Paid Google Analytics Features
For larger businesses that process more data and need enhanced reporting and support, Google Analytics 360 may be a better option. Formerly known as Google Analytics Premium, Google Analytics 360 is the paid version of the service for enterprise-level customers.
Google Analytics 360 includes all of the same benefits as the free Google Analytics service as well as these extra features:
- Price is based on usage and the amount of data collected. The cost for Google Analytics 4 starts at $50,000 per year with up to 25 million events per month.
- Data processing limit is extended to 2 billion hits per month.
- Data freshness happens within 1 hour for < 2 billion hits per month.
- For Analytics 360 properties, all reports are eligible to trigger automatic expanded datasets that have a row limit of 2 million rows.
- Sub-Properties (Countries and Product Lines)
- Roll-Up Reporting
- Enhanced Limits (Analytics 360 has higher limits for up to 125 custom dimensions, 400 audiences, and 50 conversion types)
- Automatic Custom Tables
- Enterprise-Level Support (24-Hour Chat and Email Service)
Will Google Analytics Be Free Forever?
Small business owners can use Google Analytics free forever without paying a monthly charge. Google Analytics will continue to be a freemium service that allows users to access standard Analytics features without being required to pay for the advanced Analytics 360 plan.
As mentioned previously. Google Analytics is part of the Google Marketing Platform, which offers both free and paid tools for business owners. You will always be able to choose the level of service you need with Google Analytics whether you use this single product or other parts of the Google Marketing Platform.
More Google Analytics Resources
If you want to learn more about Google Analytics, the following resources can help:
- How Does Google Analytics Work?
- Google Analytics Pricing
- How to Get Google Analytics Certification
- Google Data Analytics Certification Price
Google Analytics Is Free Summary
I hope you enjoyed this guide answering the question about is Google Analytics free.
As you discovered, Google Analytics is free of charge to use and you get access to all of the standard Analytics features at no cost. And for most small to medium-sized businesses, the free version of Google Analytics offers more than enough features to help you optimize your digital marketing campaigns. However, you can upgrade to a paid Google Analytics 360 plan at any time to get advanced customization, scalable tools, and enterprise-level support.