In this guide, you’ll learn how to create an AdSense account.
This first part of this step-by-step tutorial will show you how to make an AdSense account from start to finish. The next section will explain how to activate your Google AdSense account after opening it. And the final part answers questions about signing up for an AdSense account and discusses eligibility concerns.
Consider this your complete guide on how to open an AdSense account so you can sign up for this ad service to make money with your website. (Note: You must have a Google account to get started with this process. If you have Gmail or another Google service, then you already have a Google account that can be used for AdSense.)
Table of Contents
How to Create an AdSense Account
- Go to google.com/adsense/start to sign up for AdSense.
- Click the “Get Started” button to create an AdSense account.
- Sign in to your Google Account to use for AdSense.
- Enter the website URL you want to put AdSense ads on. If you don’t have a website property yet, then select “I don’t have a site”.
- Choose if you would like Google AdSense to send you customized help and performance suggestions for your ads.
- Select your AdSense payment country or territory. This must be a location where you currently live and can receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN) by mail to confirm your account. You cannot change your country or territory, so make sure it is correct.
- Review and accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
- Click the “Start Using AdSense” button.
- Explore your new Google AdSense account. Some features are not available until you perform the activation steps.
- Activate your AdSense account so you can show ads on your website and earn money.
Activating Your Newly Opened AdSense Account
- Go to the AdSense homepage to find the list of tasks you need to complete before Google can activate your account. Each task is explained below.
- Enter your AdSense payment information. This includes your full name, postal address,, zip code, and phone number as it appears on your bank account.
- Turn on AdSense Auto Ads. This will allow ads to start appearing on your site as soon as your account is activated.
</head>tags of your website.
- Review your site to make sure it complies with AdSense Program policies.
- Wait for the email that informs you that your AdSense account is fully activated. It can take a few days or up to 4 weeks for approval.
Note: You must complete the activation steps above within 6 months or your account will be deactivated. If you fail to open your AdSense account and activate it within the required timeframe, then you’ll see a “Reactivate Account” link on your AdSense homepage.
After you’re done setting up your AdSense account, you’ll want to start monetizing it with high cost-per-click (CPC) keywords. See this related guide with a list of high CPC keywords you can target.
Is Google AdSense Account Free?
A Google AdSense account is free and there is no charge to sign up or use AdSense to put ads on your website. Any Google account owner with a site can make a free AdSense account.
Who Is Eligible for AdSense Account?
Applicants who are over 18 years of age are eligible for an AdSense account. The applicant’s site must also contain high-quality, original content that attracts an audience and comply with Google AdSense Program policies for eligibility.
Can I Sign Up for AdSense Without a Website?
You can sign up for AdSense without a website if you have a blog on Google’s Blogger platform or a YouTube channel that is eligible for AdSense earnings. AdSense does not require you to have a website as long as you have one of those Google-owned properties.
Read these related guides for details on how to make an AdSense account for those platforms:
Can I Open 2 AdSense Accounts?
You cannot open 2 AdSense accounts. AdSense policies only allow one account per publisher. If you want to open a new AdSense account, then you must associate a different Google Account as your login.
AdSense accounts can have more than one website associated with the account to earn money with ads. You just need to add the site URL to the AdSense Sites List so it can accept ads and be monetized with Google AdSense.
Additionally, if you want to create an AdSense account for a business that is separate from your personal AdSense account, then you will need to submit a new AdSense application. Make sure the account type (i.e., business) and payee name are different from your original application (i.e., individual), and that you can accept payments to that payee.
Can I Make Another Google AdSense Account After Being Disabled?
You cannot make another AdSense account after being disabled. Doing so is a violation of Google AdSense Program policies and the new account will be closed after it is opened.
AdSense disables accounts for the following reasons:
- Deceptive Behavior: This includes clicking the ads on your own website.
- Invalid Traffic: This includes generating automated or bot traffic.
- Incentivizing Traffic Source: This happens by using third-party sources to generate clicks or impressions or encouraging visitors to click on ads.
- Egregious Content: This includes adult, mature, or illegal content.
- Violating Webmaster Guidelines: All sites connected to your AdSense account must adhere to the Google Webmaster Guidelines.
If your AdSense account is disabled for policy reasons, you can use this link to file an appeal: Policy Violation Appeal for Disabled AdSense Account.
Create an AdSense Account Summary
I hope you enjoyed this guide on how to create an AdSense account.
As you discovered, the steps for how to make an AdSense account are quick and easy to do. As long you meet the eligibility requirements to open a Google AdSense account and sign up for only one account, then you can use this service to monetize your website with ads.