What Is a Link Profile?
A link profile is the collection of backlinks pointing to a website. Link profiles display important characteristics of a website’s inbound links such as the total number of backlinks and referring domains as well as the anchor text and quality metrics of the linking sites.
A good link profile will have the following characteristics:
- Backlinks from sites with high Domain Authority.
- Backlinks from web pages with high Page Authority.
- Backlinks from multiple referring domains.
- Backlinks from industry-related sites.
- Backlinks with a variety of link types.
- A good mix of dofollow and nofollow links.
- A natural anchor text ratio for inbound links.
- Very few links from spammy websites.
- A steady flow of newly acquired backlinks.
- No dramatic loss of large quantities of incoming links.
Visit the SEO Glossary
Go to the SEO Glossary to find more terms and definitions that relate to the field of search engine optimization.
The Editorial Staff at SEO Chatter is a team of search engine optimization and digital marketing experts led by Stephen Hockman with more than 15 years of experience in search engine marketing. We publish guides on the fundamentals of SEO for beginner marketers.