Google’s I’m Feeling Doodly button is a fun feature to play with on Search.
It gives you access to fun Google Doodles and interactive Doodle games that are designed with the corporate logo. And there are more than 5,000 Doodlys for you to look at and play with for endless hours of enjoyment.
But what is I’m Feeling Doodly and how do you get access to it?
This guide explains everything you need to know about this Google Doodle feature and provides a direct link to the button for you to try it out for yourself without having to get a lucky spin on Google Search.
What Is I’m Feeling Doodly?
I’m Feeling Doodly takes you to the Google Doodles page where you can find interactive games, videos, and toys that celebrate interesting events and people. Google’s I’m Feeling Doodly button was developed to reflect the company’s personality and love for innovation by showcasing events, holidays, anniversaries, artists, pioneers, and scientists.
Types of Feeling Doodlys
There are three types of Doodlys you can choose between when clicking on Google’s I’m Feeling Doodly button. You’ll see the current day’s Google Doodle, several Doodly categories, and an archive of all past Doodles.
The categories you can choose between on the Google Doodly Feelings homepage include:
- Interactive: Playable games, videos, and toys.
- This Day In History: A historical day worth celebrating with a decorated Google company logo and information about the event.
- Featured: A special highlight of a previous Google Doodle worth remembering.
Using the I’m Feeling Doodly Button
To access the I’m Feeling Doodly button, you have to go to Google’s homepage and mouse over the I’m Feeling Lucky button without entering a term into Google’s search bar. (Or use the direct link below.)
Inserting a letter or word into Google Search will prevent the I’m Feeling Doodly button from appearing and only make the I’m Feeling Lucky button clickable, which takes you to the top-ranked website for the term you entered while completely bypassing the search results page.
However, you truly have to be lucky to be able to click on Google’s I’m Feeling Doodly button. When you hover over the I’m Feeling Lucky button, it spins like a slot machine and stops on a random Feeling. (See the full list of Doodly Feelings in the next section.)
Instead of trying to get a lucky spin, you can just click on this link: I’m Feeling Doodly. It gives you direct access to this fun feature on Google.
More Google Doodly Feelings
As mentioned previously, Google shows random Doodly Feelings when you mouse over the I’m Feeling Lucky button to make it more fun. Therefore, you won’t always be presented with I’m Feeling Doodly.
Here’s a list of all the available Feelings you can play with without having to take a random spin on Google’s Search button:
- I’m Feeling Adventurous: Takes you to search for something adventurous.
- I’m Feeling Artistic: Takes you to a random Google art project.
- I’m Feeling Curious: Takes you to a search for an interesting word or topic.
- I’m Feeling Funny: Takes you to a funny search on Google.
- I’m Feeling Generous: Takes you to Google’s donation page in the Play Store.
- I’m Feeling Hungry: Takes you to a search for restaurants.
- I’m Feeling Playful: Takes you to a random interactive Google Doodle.
- I’m Feeling Stellar: Takes you to a search about space.
- I’m Feeling Trendy: Take you to the daily trending searches page on Google Trends.
Who Designs Google Doodlys?
Google has a team of Doodlers (illustrators) and engineers that design each Doodle. However, they’re always open to hearing new ideas for Doodly Feelings from Google users. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas you have for a future Google Doodle.
Other Google Resources
Now that you know about Google’s I’m Feeling Doodly button, you may be interested in these other resources to learn more about how various features of Google work:
I’m Feeling Doodly Summary
I hope you enjoyed this guide on I’m Feeling Doodly.
As you discovered, Google’s I’m Feeling Doodly button takes you to the Google Doodles page where you can find interactive games, videos, and toys that reflect the company’s personality and love for innovation by showcasing events, holidays, anniversaries, artists, pioneers, and scientists.